Who We Are
Join Our Team
Who We Are
Mercer Street Veterinary Hospital is part of the Cara Veterinary network of family-owned, neighborhood animal hospitals in the Pacific Northwest. But Cara is not just in the pet business—we’re in the people business.
For us, that means making sure our team members are as much of a priority as our patients and clients. We respect and welcome your ideas and contributions. We’re also committed to helping you achieve your goals while supporting a healthy work/life balance.
Mercer Street Veterinary Hospital is located in the historic, vibrant Queen Anne district of Seattle, WA. If you’re not already familiar with this area, you should know that the city and the entire region itself are a hub of culture, an outdoor paradise, and a great place to be single or raise a family. Yes—it rains, but there’s so much to do indoors as well as out you probably won’t notice that much.
We are always looking for potential team members who are dedicated, dependable, and have a passion for providing exceptional care and service. If that’s you, please check out our current openings!
Our Core Values
As part of the Cara Veterinary family, our practice operates from five core principles, or “pillars”.
Put pets first. Our first priority is always with the health, happiness, and comfort of our patients. Our care advice is based only on what is best for the pet.
Trust the parent. We trust parents to make the right decisions for themselves and their pets and invite them to actively participate in care alongside us.
Authentically human. Caring for a pet involves the full spectrum of emotions, from joy to grief. We know when to be fun, and when to be serious. At all times, we foster supportive, positive, and authentically human hospital culture.
Good neighbors. Although our business is growing, we retain the attitude and spirit of a neighborhood vet. We get to know our clients' families and are proud to play an active role in our local communities.
Shake things up. We are always looking for a better way. In an industry that hasn't seen a lot of innovation, we are experimenting with new ways of delivering care, delighting customers, and infusing our hospitals with fresh ideas.
Cara Veterinary hospitals offer a full-time compensation and benefits package that is one of the best in the veterinary field.
- Highly competitive salary/hourly wage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible schedule with no on-call
- Generous PTO & paid holidays off, including your birthday
- Paid family & medical leave (WA state offers up to 12 weeks of paid leave to eligible employees)
- 401K Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Bonuses based on performance
- Liability insurance
- Paid CE time
- Employee pet discount
- Employee Referral Program – get paid for helping us grow our Cara team
- Uniform allowance
- Career growth opportunities
- Door Dash Pass – free delivery and capped service fees
- Great culture w/ a supportive team
Our DVM benefits package may also include:
- Highly competitive base salary + commission
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Professional license fee reimbursement + stipend of up to $1000 per year for professional development.
- Liability insurance
Ready To Apply?
We’d love to see a cover letter highlighting why you think you’d be a good fit for our practice as well as a full updated resume or CV. Please send all questions and inquiries regarding applications and/or open positions to our hiring manager, Adrienne Dahlstrom - email@example.com.